A Pink Stripe for a Good Cause: The Carwoo! Road Trip
Two founders, a Camaro with a pink stripe, and a road trip to the World Series to raise money for a Breast Cancer Cure adds up to some good cause marketing for CarWoo!.
Here is the background:
Carwoo! is an innovative way to buy cars online that allows buyers to negotiate anonymously with multiple dealers to get a great deal. The CarWoo! team took a ’78 Camaro to the World Series final in San Francisco, and collected thousands of dollars and hundreds of signatures and messages of support from Giants fans (on the Camaro!).
They’d done the same at earlier Series games in San Francisco. Then they drove the Camaro all 1,710 miles to Arlington for the fifth World Series game, gathering support from Rangers fans. Getting more signatures and more cash for the cause.
Lets breakdown why this works:
Why it works:
- Adds personality to the brand – These guys don’t look like “suits”. They look like they slept in their clothes.
- Makes the brand human- The CarWoo! guys like to get out of the office and pretend they are working too.
b. The Car & the Pink Stripe:
Why it works:
- The perfect car: Camaro is the classic muscle car, appealing to the baseball demographic. It’s not fancy, but it’s unique.
- The pink stripe: A really clever way to go pink that’s relevant to a car related brand.
- Car messages: A great visual sign that CarWoo! is about community and engaging. From the picture it looks like a beer was being used to help spark community too.
- Builds off an existing big event: Lots of opportunity to leverage the excitement and attention of the world series.
- Relevant to the Brand: CarWoo! is about cars so choosing a road trip really fits with what the brand is about.
- Helpful to the cause: bringing breast cancer awareness to a male oriented event was inspired and thousands of dollars were raised.
It was a fun campaign that did some real good. You can see why I was excited that GigCoin helped on the blogger outreach for this one. We were tasked with finding great bloggers to help spread the word and do a post. Here are the 6 amazing bloggers that got post up in less than 8 hours. Go Team!
The Domestic Buzz: @ohMariana : Carwoo! Raising Funds to Support Breast Cancer Research
Scraps of my Geeklife: @ScrappinMichele : CarWoo Bringing Breast Cancer Awareness to World Series
It was my dream project for GigCoin, helping an innovative cause campaign with fast outreach. So thank you CarWoo! for using GigCoin!
Donate over at the CarWoo! World series campaign till the end of the year.
You can also check out the CarWoo! blog for more fun details about the World Series road trip.